Thursday, April 19, 2012

The classic Whoopie Pie

For those of you who used to follow my old blog, you must be wondering what all the fuss is about the whoopie pie. I think I made them 4 times since starting on this baking adventure... but the whoopie pie delivery made me think...if I am to offer something, I better offer the absolute classic. Just because a few ingredients can't be found in Switzerland (well I don't know where if they can) doesn't mean they can't be found on the internet! So after having sent the buttercream version of the whoopie pie to a nice woman in Friboug, I got obsessed with offering the REAL thing. And this morning, I got what I needed to make them in the mail. After a short night, I was awoken by two horrifyingly loud rings and went to open the door, still shaking from the shock!! But then I saw the loot...marshmallow fluff and yes, my very first tub of crisco, I was back to my old self. When I opened it I just couldn't believe the colour of it...I couldn't remember it really from my childhood. Just that my mom used to keep a tub and it seemed to last forever... Vegetable shortening, I am surprised it has so much more calories than butter when it claims to be so much healthier... Look at that...I don't know if you notice the colour that much. It's sort of a transparent white, like wax. Ugh...

But, and there is a big BUT (no pun intended), it does  happen to make this here cookie sandwich, known as the classic whoopie pie, possible. And if it can do this, than it is worth having in your kitchen pantry.

The classic
 And because I didn't want to be attacked for keeping it plain (I just think some things should be kept pure) I added some dark chocolate chunks and sprinkles to a few of the pies...


So that's it, the classic is officially on the menu, filled with huge amounts of calories and yumminess! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment