Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Little Red Riding Hood cookies

The artist who created this version of little red riding hood, (who's link you can find at the lower left of this blog : Little Miss Arty) has known for a long time that I have wanted to recreate her beautiful print on cookie. I don't quite remember how long, at least a month...but other things have been pushing this project back...Two evenings ago I decided the wait had to come to an end, I needed to do this, but NOW!!! I just love how she made it, but I though it would probably be difficult to get it just right, so I decided to do 3 versions : a cartoony one with black edges, a one dimensioned one-most similar to her print, and a multi-layered one with no background. I decided to go with different shapes (I would have used more think bubbles for the little ones, but I didn't have any cookie cutters that made that effect) and I thought if I put all the elements on one cookie, it may be too crowdy. So these are the cookies I came up with...which one do you prefer?


The multi-layered version, much smaller to eat?


The cartoony version (this is actually the least similar to the print, but the style I like most)?


Or the one dimensional, no border version?


I felt the little cookies looked better in only that one version, made two of each just to have more cookies :)


Last but not least, the cookies next to the original. I tried to stay as close as possible to the original colours, only, I have a photocopied version of the original, so who knows how close my colours really are... Anyway, it took a long time to get this done, and in the end, it went fairly easily and I quite like the result! How do you guys like them?

Sprinkle in his eye to give it effect..I like!!

No comments:

Post a Comment