Monday, April 23, 2012

Logo Cookies

A few days ago, I wrote a mini post, fairly excited about something new I was trying for a friend. Turns out my tryout had worked really well, but I hadn't tried it on a cookie yet... Let me tell you more about this cookie adventure... One of my very nice friends asked me to make 20 cookies of the Logo found on the link at the bottom of this post (if it worked out correctly...if not I will add it by text...). At first I was a bit sceptical...not because I didn't want to do it, but because, not owning one of those edible ink printers, and not really liking the look of the cookies made by those anyway, I didn't quite know how I would manage to make the logo look like the logo, and not a cartoony version of it. Now I figured that the big part of the logo would be ok, but the small writing at the bottom would probably sort of come out as my own handwriting and I didn't want that at all. While writing to my friend that although I will try, to not expect toooooo much, I had a flash...why not make a stencil. I haven't worked with stencils ever, considering my only tryout looked catastrophic, but I saw no other way out...so I went ahead and made a stencil with an exacto knife and a piece of acetate. This was the result...


I tried it on a piece of paper and it turned out perfect-but the page is completely flat and cookies aren't that perfect... but I decided I had no other choice, went ahead, made the cookies and flooded them, and the next day, tried the stencil on them...this is the result!


They are darker than the logo on the link. But just a bit darker than the logo on the actual paper...it's pretty close anyway... what do you guys think?


In the end, there is no way to make it totally perfect unless you are printing them on the cookie, but in this case, I felt that the imperfect look matched the logo and the idea that it's a newpaper-it looks like the work of an old well used typewritter doesn't it! I am quite happy with the result...the only thing is, oh my does it ever take a long time to work with a stencil, and I was scared stiff every single time I pulled it off the cookie...was it going to be ok, or was the back of the cookie ruined? Arrggghhhh! Only a few were less nice, those I ate (well I had made 24 instead of the asked for 20...who can blame me?) Hope you guys like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment