Sunday, May 20, 2012

British cookies!!

Hello everyone! If some of you look in regularly, you must've wondered why I was taking so long to post anything...the rest of you just looking in on a whim may be happy to see that it wasn't totally for nothing! For those wondering, my husband, baby and I were in London for a few days, shopping, enjoying our time off and just loving everything british. So when we came back, I was inspired...not that I can actually draw, so, all I knew is, I am looking for cute London/England designs that go well on cookies. And on etsy, I came upon this shop : http://www.etsy.com/shop/tinyapron?ref=ss_profile%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20?ref=ss_items  Sorry, I am terrible at linking things, I am not even sure if this'll work! Anyway, if you look up tinyapron on etsy, you will find this lovely lady's wonderful designs, as notes, and such. She was nice enough to make a special listing for me to just download the pictures...and voilà! British cookies!!


This is for you to see that the design is almost the same as the cookies (thank you kopykake projector), I tried to get as many small details as possible in there, but some of the colours I left out because there were too many and at some point I get tired, or Lily wants attention...I cut corners!!!


My favorite...colourful big ben! It's much prettier than the real thing I might add...


I love the bus! I even copied the way she writes. Any other type of writing wouldn't have went with the drawing I find...


A cup of tea perhaps?


I wish they all had hearts on the top...did I even see one in London though??


The little ones...I love the flag in a heart...great idea!!


Just so you know, I made these on a new recipe I found by a lovely baker : Created by Diane. I again don't know how to link it to the blog, but look her up...what are these cookies? PEANUT BUTTER roll out cookies!!!! Yeah!!! They are superb! Even for people who don't like peanut butter! So that's that! My hommage to England! Hope you all like them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment