Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I love decorating cookies...

Hello everyone! You may have noticed something of a theme starting in the last few weeks...cookies. I do enjoy making cupcakes, and I really would like to try my hand more at fondant figures and such, and god knows I still need to work on the cakepops, but cookies are really starting to be an all consumming passion. I can't believe it's only been 9 months since my first cookie. I keep thinking about the fact that I didn't even know cookies like this existed! I knew you could get gingerbread men and all, but I really didn't think you could even decorate a cookie! Well, without my little Lily, I wouldn't have found this special world and I wouldn't have known about all my new cookie friends on facebook who are so talented I can actually sit in front of the computer for an hour in awe of their creations. I am just honored to even call myself a cookie decorator! I love cookies!
Ok, now you know how I feel, I can tell you about my latest ones. I have been playing around alot lately with cute designs I have found on the internet : on etsy, on facebook, on google...and always I get the permission for use to decorate cookies and post on the internet.  I get my trusty Kopykake and try to get my hand to not overshadow all the lines I am supposed to be pipping and I love it because it allows me to be way better at my passion than if I was doing free hand. Well, for these next cookies, I felt it was time to actually try a few designs I could do free hand. Turns out, when you have a concept and it is not too crazy, it can work out for people like me that are not particularly talented when it comes to drawing! So I am particularly proud of these birthday cookies I made upon request from my father-in-law for 2 friends. (Ok, I used the kopykake for the writing, I didn't want my squiggly writing on an otherwise pretty cookie!!)


The middle and right cakes are made using a Sweetambs technique...and although my royal icing wasn't of perfect consistency, they turned out quite well I find! The pink one, well the lines are a bit shaky, but I still like the effect...


These I really loved making. Sparkles, sugar, sprinkles, and, they look like cupcakes! Perfect! And I just love how the Happy 15th birthday came out. This was my best pipped writing yet! I am really happy about this!


Smiling...


And the best part...they loved the cookies! And I loved making them. Really, there is nothing quite as satisfying as cookie making. Can't wait to come up with the next designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment