Saturday, May 12, 2012

Japanese Cookies!

A few days ago, I got some lovely scrapbooking paper for a project I am making from Scrapbook.com (the funnest place to shop online ever!!!). Amongst them, a Basic Grey collection with the name Konnichiwa. You guessed it, a japanese theme, with the most beautiful graphics...I knew right away I wanted to put this paper on cookie. Just for me, you know? I have been doing so much stuff, practicing, waiting for my website, working, baby, etc. I think I still make mistakes while making cookies, but, I am really getting close to being very good, so I want to do something I WANT TO DO!!!! So here it is! I hope you guys like them as much as I do!!

First I wanted to make a nice background-I decided to go ahead and make the outlines of the cookies black, and I think that was the best decision ever!! For the rest I used white, and went with wet on wet icing-for the fish, water waves, for the rest, either leaves or flowers.


I then made the outlines of the cookies I wanted to have in black. In retrospect, apart from the trees, I should have made them all like that-it really is the look I prefer.


The final result!

The girl on the bridge is my favorite but is still proof that I have to slow down and learn a bit more-I should have corrected my icing consistency before filling the bridge-I have holes everywhere in it!


I like how the tree came out-I gave it some background, to make it look like it has flowers in the front and the back of it-made it look fuller. I think the birdy is quite cute as well!


Got the icing really thick for the leaves...


I just really like the fish...


And this guy.


I know I should have taken a picture of the paper, or used it as background, but I was too lazy!! One thing I have to share though is this, it's pretty much a carbon copy. I loved the colours on the paper so much, that if there is a variation on it, then it's just because I was too lazy to make a colour, or I was to hasty to throw it out. I really really need to slow down with the cookie making-stop making so many mistakes Heidi!!!! How do you guys like them?

No comments:

Post a Comment