Thursday, May 31, 2012

A little experiment in between...

So really, I have enough to do right now...just finished the retirement cookies and the tasty cookies, making a 20 piece set for a nice lady in Schaffhausen, and 24 cupcakes for tomorrow, but I so desperately wanted to try this stained glass window effect cookie...
Well it started with the cupcakes actually, having to make them for a collegue who works for a russian company. Then I wanted to see what type of "russian cookie" I could try and found nothing that was easy enough to pipe, so I thought why not paint. And then I found this exact picture, as a stained glass window and thought, there you go!
First I tried to make glaze instead of royal icing, to make it look shinier. I don't like this medium, and it made lots of bubbles, but, you can't tell when you paint over it. I don't know how long it takes to dry, so I was a bit too quick, and tracing the lines I needed made me poke through sometimes...! But I covered it with paint... 
Anyway, much too much detail for anything really. In reality, this cookie is a bit on the messy side, I will only show it off on picture to make myself look really talented, HA!!!


So that's it for the in between cookie, back to reality now!! Hope you like!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment