Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mother's day cookies

Ok, so 2 postings in a day with cookies is a bit much maybe... I am reducing my chances of having more people read my blog and putting less emphasis on my last post, so really it's like shooting myself in the foot, right? But what could I do? I made the horsefly cookies a week ago and couldn't post them before because it had to be a surprise, and today I finished a new batch and I wanted to share them with you because they came out really well!!!
Ok, my inspiration, well, really, it's more like a copy (but copying is the highest form of flattery right?) is   http://iambaker.net/mothers-day-ideas . I saw this a few days ago on pinterest and felt there wasn't a prettier mother's day present out there, and because my husband didn't have anything for his mom, I decided to go ahead and make a german version of it! (To set things straight, I would have loved to make this for my mom, but I had already sent her something, and I was afraid that this would break in the post).
First step, pretty jar. Well, I didn't have to go far, just the next village! Step two, embellishements.  I found this pretty washi tape in the same store (a bit wintry really, but I loved the colour) and used another pinterest entry as inspiration to make my own baker's twine. You don't see it very well in the pictures but it turned out pretty enough, considering I spent about 1 minute on it.
Step three, the cookies! I flooded them white, put some sparkle on right away (unfortunately you don't see it very well in the picture, but it's a very pretty effect!) This morning I added some words to describe Andy's mom on them (chosen by me, approved by Andy). It was the first time writing came out pretty, I usually have problems with that...I mean they aren't perfect, but it's getting there!


The present is ready to be given!!


I wanted the hole for the twine to be extra cute and went for heart shaped...


Filled to the brim with love and tastiness!


What do you guys think? Will she be happy? Well, if Lily would give me this, I would be happy! It'll take a few more years though... Happy Mother's Day to all the good mother's out there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment